Residential performs ENERGY STAR® quality installations, service, and maintenance.
Residential Heating and Cooling is a proud supporter of the environment saving ideals set forth by ENERGY STAR®. ENERGY STAR® is a government backed program which teaches homeowners how to lower energy costs through the use of innovative ideas and products.
You may be familiar with the ENERGY STAR® label on energy efficient heating and cooling equipment, but did you know there are also Quality Installation (QI) guidelines to help ensure that heating and cooling equipment is installed properly? Nearly half of all heating and cooling equipment in U.S. homes never performs to its advertised capacity and efficiency due to incorrect installation, which means homeowners pay higher operating costs over the life of the equipment.
The ENERGY STAR® QI program helps homeowners identify contractors who install heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment to the QI guidelines. By purchasing high efficiency equipment and having it properly installed, a homeowner can lower their energy bills, increase comfort in their home, and extend the useful life of their equipment.
When your new heating and cooling equipment is installed to meet ENERGY STAR® Quality Installation Guidelines, you avoid common installation problems that can reduce the efficiency of your home. These improvements to efficiency can reduce your heating and cooling costs by as much as 30%.
ENERGY STAR® Quality Installation Guidelines, are based on the Air Conditioning Contractors of America’s (ACCA) HVAC Quality Installation Specification, and is recognized as an American National Standard. These industry best practices help ensure that your new equipment is:
- Correctly sized to meet your home’s needs
- Connected to a well-sealed duct system
- Operating with sufficient airflow in the system
- Installed with the proper amount of refrigerant
Whether you are installing a new system or replacing existing heating and cooling equipment, installing equipment properly is essential to getting the best performance.
Estimated savings potential with QI ranges from 18% to 36% for air conditioners and heat pumps and 11% to 18% for furnaces.
Click to Download the ENERGY STAR® Guide to Energy Efficient Heating and Cooling
RESIDENTIAL HEATING AND COOLING has several years of experience as a business in your community and WILL:
- Perform an on-site inspection of the work you want completed and provide a detailed bid in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate to you that the company is licensed and insured to repair and install heating and cooling equipment (many states require this).
- Be able to provide his certification for refrigerant handling.
- Provide examples of quality installation of energy-efficient heating and/or cooling equipment work, with names of customers that you can contact.
- Complete and submit the warranty information card on your behalf.
- Leave all equipment manuals and provide documentation of installation procedures, including sizing calculations, AHRI certificate, and records of any measurements or testing.
- Clearly explain the benefits of regular maintenance and help you set up a schedule to keep your system operating at its best.